Serving Dallas Personal Injury Clients
An injury caused by someone’s negligence may leave you with mounting medical bills, lost income, and emotional trauma. In the wake of an injury in Dallas, having a trusted and aggressive personal injury lawyer on your side can make all the difference.
At DFW Injury Lawyers, our personal injury lawyers work hard to help Dallas injury victims get the compensation they deserve. We understand the complexities of the legal system and fiercely advocate for our clients’ rights and interests. Contact us today for a free legal consultation with a Dallas personal injury lawyer.
Understanding Personal Injury in Dallas
Personal injury claims address physical, emotional, or mental harm suffered by an individual due to the negligence or intentional actions of another party. Personal injury cases involve a wide variety of accidents resulting in injuries. Some of the most common case types include:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are unfortunately common in Dallas. If you were injured in a car accident caused by another driver, a Dallas car accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and other compensatory damages.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents often result in severe injuries and even fatalities. Truck accident lawyers help victims navigate the complex laws and regulations governing commercial truck accident lawsuits.
- Defective products: Defective product or product liability claims involve injuries caused by a defective product or design, such as a faulty car part, a defective medical device, or a dangerous household product. Victims may be entitled to compensation from the responsible party, such as a manufacturer, distributor, or seller of the product.
- Workplace accidents: Employees seriously injured on the job may be owed compensation for their medical expenses and lost wages by filing a lawsuit against a third party contractor or an employer who does not provide workers’ compensation insurance.
- Wrongful death: When someone dies because of the negligence or misconduct of another, the surviving family members can seek compensation for their loss.
- Premises Liability: Property owners must keep their premises safe. If a visitor suffers injuries because of a hazardous condition on the property, the property owner may be held liable for the injury.
How is Negligence Established in Dallas?
To prove negligence in Dallas, your personal injury lawyer will need to demonstrate four elements of negligence:
- The defendant owes a legal duty of care owed to the injured person,
- The defendant breached the duty of care,
- The defendant’s breach of such duty resulted in an injury,
- You suffered harm as a result of the injury.
Since Texas is a comparative fault state, you may recover compensation based on your comparative fault, or percentage of liability. To prove negligence by the other party, your Dallas personal injury lawyer will gather evidence such as witness testimony, photos and video recordings, surveillance footage, medical records, and other types of evidence admissible in Texas courts.
Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Lawsuits in Texas
In Texas, the statute of limitations on personal injury claims is typically two years from the date of the accident. If you wait longer than two years to file a lawsuit, you may lose your right to seek compensation. This is why it is crucial to seek legal help on time to ensure your lawyers have enough time to gather evidence, witnesses, and relevant information, as well as prepare for trial, if necessary. By contacting a personal injury lawyer early, you can maximize your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
How Can A Dallas Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
A Dallas personal injury lawyer can help you in the following ways:
- Conducting a thorough investigation: Your personal injury attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of the injury, comb through the evidence, and work with specialists (such as engineers and medical professionals) to get a clear picture of the injury to determine liability.
- Determining which evidence is admissible in court: Personal injury lawyers also know which evidence may be relevant and admissible in court and how to gather it. They prepare all necessary filings and pleadings, and represent their client in court and out-of-court settlement negotiations.
- Accurately assessing your claim’s worth: A personal injury lawyer has the experience and knowledge to accurately determine your injury claim’s worth by evaluating potential compensation, such as pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
- Negotiating a fair settlement: A large number of personal injury cases settle out of court. A skilled Dallas personal injury attorney will help negotiate a fair settlement with the defendants, typically the negligent party’s insurance company, so you can secure the best possible compensation.
Dallas Personal Injury: Types of Compensation Available
If you are injured due to the careless actions of another, you can pursue compensation for various damages, or losses, incurred. The common types of compensation available for Dallas personal injury cases include:
- Medical bills: Past and future medical bills, including hospitalization, doctor visits, surgery, physical therapy, and other treatments related to your injury.
- Lost wages: This includes wages, bonuses, and other forms of income lost due to the injury.
- Pain and suffering: Victims may recover compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish caused by their injuries.
- Property damage: If your injury involves property damage, like a car accident, you can pursue the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged property.
- Loss of consortium: If your injury affects your relationship with your spouse, you may recover compensation for the loss of companionship, support, and other benefits of a marital relationship.
- Punitive damages: In cases showing a negligent party’s extreme and egregious conduct, the court may award punitive damages, in addition to other types of compensation. These are meant to punish the person responsible for your injury and deter similar behavior in the future.
In Texas, damage caps apply in specific case situations, namely, medical malpractice cases, government entity cases, and punitive damage cases.
In medical malpractice cases, non-economic damages cap at $250,000 from each defendant, up to $750,000 maximum. When suing a government entity in Texas, the Texas Tort Claims Act applies damage caps of up to $250,000 per defendant or $500,000 per case for bodily injuries and miscellaneous costs, with a separate $100,000 cap for property damage. Lastly, punitive damages in Texas are capped at $200,000 or double the non-economic damage value, or up to $750,000, whichever is greater.
Our Dallas Personal Injury Law Firm Office
Are you looking for a personal injury lawyer in Dallas? You can reach out to us at our office conveniently located at 1341 W. Mockingbird Ln., Ste. 580W. It is right off the Stemmons Freeway, close to the Catholic Charities Dallas Central Service Center.
Meet Our Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers
At DFW Injury Lawyers, you don’t just get a law firm, you get trusted legal advisors who will go above and beyond to ensure that you get the best possible compensation for your injuries. Our Dallas personal injury lawyers, Kevin Edwards and Peter de la Cerda, have a combined experience of 40 years in the legal industry, and have secured winning verdicts and settlements for hundreds of personal injury clients.
Both Kevin and Peter are well-known for their dedication toward helping injury victims. Their aggressive trial tactics ensure clients are more than fairly compensated for their injuries. Our Dallas personal injury lawyers handle personal injury cases swiftly and efficiently, so you do not have to worry about one more thing on top of your injury.
Our Dallas personal injury lawyers handle personal injury cases swiftly and efficiently, so you do not have to worry about one more thing on top of your injury.
The legal muscle you need to win
Contact DFW Injury Lawyers: All Consultations Are 100% Free
If you were recently injured in Dallas, you need trusted legal representation on your side. At DFW Injury Lawyers, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll a personal injury can take on you and your family. Our experienced personal injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of injured victims in Dallas. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we do not get paid unless we win your case. Bring in the muscle of DFW Injury Lawyers today and let us fight for your rights. Call 1-888-4-MUSCLE today!